- Maintenance Technology Level 1 takes the student through an in-depth look at network architecture and its components, including active and passive devices, amplifier operation, and power supply circuits. Electrical characteristics of cable including resistance, capacitance, inductance, reactance, and impedance are explored.
- Level: 200
Format: Online, Self-Paced
- This course is expected to take around 12 weeks to complete. Participants view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at any time that is convenient for them.
- Participants spend approximately 23 hours completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits.
Access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- High speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 8.0 or above)
- Network Architectures
- Electrical Characteristics of Cable
- Cable Math
- HFC Active Devices
- Amplifier Operation
- Power Supply Circuits
- HFC Passive Devices
- Return Path for Maintenance Tech
- Signal Types
- Coaxial Cable
- Modulation Techniques
- Intermediate MPEG Compression
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
- Final exam with a passing grade of 80%
- Completion of Course Feedback Form
Upon Successful Course Completion You Will Receive:
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
Cancellations and Extensions:
- All cancellation requests must be received by midnight of the 7th day after the course begins and must be in writing or email. All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee, plus $119 fee for textbook if applicable.
- Individuals who fail the course's final test three times will need to request a Retesting Exception and pay the Retesting Fee of $80.
Note: You must be logged in to register.