- SCTE/ISBE Understanding Cable Technology
- SCTE/ISBE Broadband Premises Installation and Services
- Customer Facing Installers
- Customer Facing Technicians
- Service Technicians
- Customer Service Representatives
- Field Operation Teams
- Network Operation Center and related positions
Recommended online length to complete the training is 1.5 to 2 hours.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
Module quizzes and course final 80% or higher (two attempts provided)
Format and Schedule:
The course is delivered online via the SCTE/ISBE VirtuLearn classroom.
Online learners interact with course materials and complete assessments (quizzes) at a time that is convenient for them. Learners may also contact the instructor when they have questions.
Learners will spend approximately 1 - 2 hours, on average, completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits. 100% of the schedule is determined by the learners (interacting with online materials, completing quizzes and a final exam).
Upon Successful Course Completion Participants will receive:
- SCTE/ISBE Course Completion Certificate
- Module 1 Introduction to Digital Home Lifestyle and Home Security
Module 1 RF Foundations for Cable Networks
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify components that make up a home security network
- Distinguish Between Key Wireless Communication Standards
- Identify Key Life Safety Devices
- Identify Key Lifestyle Devices
- Follow Installation Procedures
- Troubleshoot Common Issues