- The Broadband Premises Installation Fundamentals course provides the knowledge needed to install voice, video, and data services for residential cable telecommunications customers. The student is introduced to industry cable networks and Installation, customer interaction and how company image is affected, aerial and underground installations, bonding and grounding, and safe work practices.
- Level: 100
Format: Online, Self-Paced
- This course is expected to take around 12 weeks to complete. Participants view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at any time that is convenient for them.
- Participants spend approximately 17 hours completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits.
Access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- High speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 8.0 or above)
- Introduction to Cable Networks and Installation
- Safe Work Practices for the Field Installer Part 1
- Safe Work Practices for the Field Installer Part 2
- Customer Service
- Signaling and Transmission in Cable Networks
- Installation Preparation
- Aerial installations
- Underground Installations
- Bonding and Grounding
- Premises Wiring
- Equipment in the Home
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
- Final exam with a passing grade of 80%
- Completion of Course Feedback Form
Upon Successful Course Completion You Will Receive:
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
Cancellations and Extensions:
- All cancellation requests must be received by midnight of the 7th day after the course begins and must be in writing or email. All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee, plus $119 fee for textbook if applicable.
- Individuals who fail the course's final test three times will need to request a Retesting Exception and pay the Retesting Fee of $80.
Note: You must be logged in to register.