- This course provides knowledge in maintenance and troubleshooting of the inside plant facilities to ensure minimal system outages, maximum reliability, and standards compliance for optimal operations. This BTCS certification preparation course includes knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS) control and monitoring, grounding practices, backup powering, advanced entertainment, data and voice networks within the headend.
- Level: 400
Format: Online, Self-Paced
- This course is expected to take around 12 weeks to complete. Participants view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at any time that is convenient for them.
- Participants spend approximately 29 hours completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits.
Access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- High speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 8.0 or above)
- Cabling and Fiber Transport
- RF Signal Modulation, Demodulation, Multiplexing and Processing
- Baseband and Digital Signaling
- Signal Transmission and Reception
- Network Fundamentals
- Video Services
- Circuit Switched Telephony
- Cable Telephony
- Data Services and DOCSIS
- Test Equipment and its Applications
- Testing and Maintenance
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
- Final exam with a passing grade of 80%
- Completion of Course Feedback Form
Upon Successful Course Completion You Will Receive:
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 3 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
Cancellations and Extensions:
- All cancellation requests must be received by midnight of the 7th day after the course begins and must be in writing or email. All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee, plus $119 fee for textbook if applicable.
- Individuals who fail the course's final test three times will need to request a Retesting Exception and pay the Retesting Fee of $80.
Note: You must be logged in to register.