- This course provides details on the capabilities of IPv6 and DOCSIS 3.0, as well as the roles they play in the cable network management process, the rollout aspects of IPv6 implementation, DOCSIS 3.0 integration, configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting the network components, and the impact on the cable network. Course goals include an in-depth discussion surrounding how to operate IPv6 in tandem with IPv4. The operational issues involved in configuring and managing parallel IP addressing systems are thoroughly covered. The breadth and depth of the course will be beneficial for those responsible for integrating the IPv6 protocol.
- Level: 300
Format: Online, Self-Paced
- This course is expected to take around 12 weeks to complete. Participants view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at any time that is convenient for them.
- Participants spend approximately 4-6 hours per week, completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits.
Access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- High speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 8.0 or above)
- IPv6 Motivation
- Overview of IPv6 and DOCSIS 3.0
- IPv6 Addressing
- IPv6 Multicasting
- IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
- IPv6 Address Management
- IPv6 and IPv4 Provisioning
- IPv6 Troubleshooting
- IPv6 Management Strategy
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
- Final exam with a passing grade of 80%
- Completion of Course Feedback Form
Upon Successful Course Completion You Will Receive:
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
Cancellations and Extensions:
- All cancellation requests must be received by midnight of the 7th day after the course begins and must be in writing or email. All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee, plus $119 fee for textbook if applicable.
- Individuals who fail the course's final test three times will need to request a Retesting Exception and pay the Retesting Fee of $80.
Note: You must be logged in to register.