- Digital Fundamentals is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of digital video fundamentals and troubleshooting best practices. Students will gain an understanding of digital video, switched digital video (SDV), digital media theory, signal modulation, demodulation and processing, bandwidth constraints and management, digital carrier measurements, and Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG) video technology.
- Level: 300
Format: Online, Self-Paced
- This course is expected to take around 12 weeks to complete. Participants view pre-recorded, narrated presentations and complete learning activities at any time that is convenient for them.
- Participants spend approximately 10 hours completing the various course activities in order to maximize the learning benefits.
Access information will be emailed when the course is purchased.
- High speed Internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- Internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 8.0 or above)
- Digital Fundamentals
- Analog and Digital Media Theory
- RF Signal Modulation, Demodulation, Multiplexing and Processing
- HFC Bandwidth Constraints and Management
- Digital Carrier Measurements
- Introduction to MPEG Compression
- Switched Digital Video (SDV) Overview and Components
- Digital Troubleshooting and Repair Process
Requirements for Successful Course Completion:
- Final exam with a passing grade of 80%
- Completion of Course Feedback Form
Upon Successful Course Completion You Will Receive:
- SCTE Course Certificate
- College credits when registered with an SCTE college partnership
- 2 Recertification Units (RUs) toward SCTE certification renewal
Cancellations and Extensions:
- All cancellation requests must be received by midnight of the 7th day after the course begins and must be in writing or email. All cancellations are subject to a $75 cancellation fee, plus $119 fee for textbook if applicable.
- Individuals who fail the course's final test three times will need to request a Retesting Exception and pay the Retesting Fee of $80.
Note: You must be logged in to register.